Room: Bulls Eye
- Jack (Jacob Tremblay) and his mother escape from “room”, the only sense of the world Jack has ever known. Once outside of room, Jack and his mother must adjust to a life they were never used to.
- Pros: EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS MOVIE. JUST WATCH IT
- Cons: Literally no complaints about this except for how much it made us cry.
- Why Bulls Eye? Brie Larson didn’t win Best Actress for nothing.
- A young civil war veteran is on a mission to save his wife who was taken from his home.
- Pros: The twist in the movie, which comes near the end of course, is pretty decent.
- Cons: Scott Eastwood’s character is supposed to be a completely menacing and intimidating character. We are never shown any scene that would make us feel that way.
- The development of the story is all over the place. Although we were intrigued in the beginning, the lack of development shows and only ends up leaving us with a lackluster ending.
- Why Miss? Although it had potential, the lack of story development leaves viewers wondering when the movie is going to end.
I Smile Back: Hit
- Laney Brooks (Sarah Silverman) seems to have the perfect life but behind closed doors she has a debilitating drug issue, multiple affairs, and a family that is falling apart.
- Pros: Sarah Silverman really can do dramatic movies well.
- For such an unlikeable character, Silverman really delivers. This is a very intense journey that really focuses on the harsh realities of depression.
- Cons: The character of Laney is a little too unlikeable? Although you want her to get better, many of her actions make you feel less sympathetic towards the character.
- Why Hit? A solid intense drama and a great performance from Sarah Silverman.
Creed: Bulls Eye
- Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) serves as a mentor and trainer to Adonis Johnson (Michael B Jordan) the son of Balboa’s rival Apollo Creed.
- Pros: Sylvester is absolutely awesome in this role. There were a couple of scene that made us tear up (even though we don’t really want to admit that)
- Michael B Jordan again lets us know that he is a force to be reckoned with. He is definitely an actor to keep your eye on.
- You would think after many MANY Rocky movies that the story would be uninteresting. Creed however uses enough throwbacks to Rocky and balances it out with a newer story to keep everyone entertained.
- Cons: It’s the same story that we have heard before (especially in the Rocky world) where the underdog becomes more than anything he has ever been in his life.
- Why Bulls Eye? Solid acting and a nostalgic trip towards the movies that defined boxing movies.
Legend: Bulls Eye
- Legend follows the story of the Kray brothers and their rise to mobster fame in London in the 1960’s
- Pros: Double the Hardy double the fun!
- As far as we have been told, this story of the Kray’s is pretty accurate as to what was actually happening in London at that time.
- You go through the whole slew of emotions with the Kray’s. You will love them, hate them, be excited for them, and be scared for them. It’s a great ride.
- Cons: It is a bit long in parts, especially because it is a movie that is focused on the story of the twins rather than all the violence and mob stories.
- Why Bulls Eye? For Tom Hardy alone! And also because it’s a really cool story that isn;t afraid to let you hate the main characters.
The Danish Girl: Bulls Eye
- A movie that is loosely based on the story of Lili Elbe and Gerda Wegener. It follows Lili’s journey as a transgender pioneer.
- Pros: Both leads, Alicia Vikander and Eddie Redmayne, are absolutely amazing in their roles. Although we will argue that Vikander is more of a leading actress than supporting….
- The production design and set designs are beautiful. They really transformer you into the era that the movie is set in.
- Cons: Although the sets are beautiful, it seems that more effort went into set designs rather than making a real solid screenplay that really connected with characters.
- Why Bulls Eye? The story is compelling and Vikander and Redmayne are spectacular.
The Night Before: Miss
- Three friends are set out to have one last amazing Christmas Eve party before they part ways.
- Pros: Our favourite scene was near the end at the party. There are a couple of cameos that made us laugh out loud.
- We do appreciate that even though this is technically a Christmas movie, there is not a lot of “Christmas” in it and therefore can be watched whenever you please.
- Cons: It has all those comedic moments that you would find in all other movies made my Seth Rogen. If you like that kind of comedy, you will probably really enjoy this one.
- Why Miss? It’s the same comedy we’ve seen from these guys before.