In the Heart of the Sea: Hit
- Based on the true stories that inspired the events written in Moby Dick
- Pros: The movie is visually stunning. There are times that the look of the movie kept us watching.
- There were a lot of interesting angles used in this film. If you watch it you’ll know what we’re talking about.
- Cons: Hemsworth’s accent is ALL OVER THE PLACE and completely distracting. He is supposed to be from Boston but consistently sounds like he’s from Australia.
- The pacing of the movie is very much off. We had to watch this movie in two parts in order to keep our attention.
- Why Hit? Although the story is interesting and the movie is visually appealing, the movie is a little too long for out tastes.
Don Verdean: Miss
- A biblical archaeologist has fallen on hard times and must resort to shady means in order to maintain his clients.
- Pros: Sam Rockwell, as always, is just a delight to watch in anything he is in.
- Cons: It is a very “meh” movie. There is no real substance to it and a genre that you really cant pinpoint.
- It was written by the guy who made Napoleon Dynamite so if you enjoyed that movie you may enjoy this one.
- Why Miss? It’s lackluster and with a great cast you’d expect a better movie.
Victor Frankenstein: Hit
- The story of Frankenstein from the perspective of Igor and the development of their relationship up until the story we all know too well.
- Pros: The cast, especially the leads, create an entertaining and energetic movie. Mcavoy and Radcliffe have such wonderful chemistry that their friendship is just great to watch.
- Many other telling’s of the Frankenstein story are somewhat dull and a little long. This movie on the other hand is opposite of that. Not to say that it is the perfect Frankenstein film, but, it does a good job of making it entertaining.
- Cons: Its a rehash of a story we have heard way too many times.
- They may have gone a bit over the top with the enthusiastic nature of the characters.
- Not enough of Frankenstein’s monster.
- Why Hit? It’s a fun retelling of the story of Frankenstein with a wonderful cast.
Miss You Already: Hit
- Jess (Drew Barrymore) and Milly (Toni Collette) have been friends for as long as they can remember. Their friendship is finally put to the test when one finds out she is terminally ill while the other finds out she can finally start a family.
- Pros: Despite being a movie that you would expect would just simply make you sad, Miss you Already is somewhat empowering and inspiring to watch.
- Barrymore and Collette act as if they had been friends their entire life. This obviously helps the movie and helps you as a viewer feel more involved in their story.
- Cons: A lot of the camera angles were weird and really off put us from the movie at times.
- They really wanted to hit you hard with the medical issues women face and it all comes together to just make you feel like crap.
- Why Hit? A good friendship movie that closely resembles the movie 50/50